Birchalls the Riding Shop is a family run business originally established in 1897 by James Birchall. Some of our customers may remember the shop in Bank Street, which specialised in tailor made clothing for hunting. In 1980 Birchalls moved out of town into a new location in the Sutton Road. With more space the saddlery and leisure riding side of the business was increased. In 2000, with horse riding becoming more popular as a leisure activity, Birchalls made a final move to Pleasant View Garden Centre in Chart Sutton. Once again the much larger premises enabled the shop to expand all areas of the business.